A much better week so far

I actually made it out of the house on my own today.  I know, stange occurance.  I went to the Family Dollar down the stree, the pharmacy to pick up my med, and even to the grocery store in Waukee.  No depression, no anxiety, no nothing except hot, it was really hot and humid here.  Heat index was 106.  As I have mentioned before I can’t control my internal body temperature, once I start to get hot it takes a long time in the cold to bring me back to a normal temperature.  No difference today.  An 1 1/2 hour nap after getting back from the store in the AC did the trick.  I was back to comfortable by the time I got back up.  Anyhow, it felt good to get out, even if it was for just an hour or so, I really should get out more often.

All set for try #2 on starting my Wednesday night game.  Assuming no one has an emergency, we will begin at 5:05 central time tomorrow.  Not exactly night, so evening.  I am very much looking forward to this.  I even did things for this one that I did not do for the low levels.  Heh, I am more prepared.  Go figure.

I have been preaching to my players to check their headsets with the mumble server.  Good thing I listened to my own advice.  My old headset lost its microphone ability, the light comes on but it doesn’t hear anything, and yes, I checked mute both on the headset and in mumble and neither was clicked.  So out with old.  Luckily, I had a mostly new back up headset all charged and ready to go.  I bought it several months ago when my old headset lots its ability to talk to the little usb plugin.  I fixed that problem and decided to just keep using my old until it died.  Well, it’s in the trash now.  The new set works perfectly, so no mistep here.

Friday’s game looks to be back on too.  Not sure what happened, but magically the guy with the broken computer (the one who was the center of the story line) has a working computer again and can get back on mumble.  WOOT, yay.

My big monitor (well, 27″) is dying, whenever I  am actively using it, it flashes off then back on, but never losese signal.  So thanks to PRIME DAY at Amazon, it is being replaced by a bigger badder better monitor and the little monitor I am using right now is being replaced by a bigger badder monitor too.  Yup, I ordered 2 new monitors.  Well, actually I accidently ordered 3.  But 1 will be going back costing us a minor fortune to return.  My bad, shouldn’t try to do things on the computer at 3 in the morning.

Speaking of 3 in the morning, my sleep has SUCKED recently.  I used to get 7 or 8 hours with the CPAP, now I am luckily to get 4.  Then I am wide awake thinking I should get more sleep.  That has me waking up at 3 or 4 or 5 when I am lucky.  Makes life rough.  I end up taking naps, which end up messing with my sleep.  Viscious cycle.  BLAH.

For those that care, with the exception of my back, I feel great.  Yeah, my platelets are obviously low (bruises taking forever to fade, unexplained bruises) but that doesn’t make me feel bad, just makes me be more cautious.



Author: Jeff Campbell

I am 50 year old guy, who beat blood cancer but is getting his butt kicked by bone marrow cancer. At this point it appears I am dying. Married and in love with the most wonderful woman in the world (27 years). She has stood by me thru a lot of crap and I love her so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s