Teresa is writing a letter of appeal to our insurance company appealing their decision to not pay for the stem cell donor search that I need to live. I have tried to write it a couple times, and all I have really come up with is garbage, so I will leave it to the professional and then just sign my name. It’s really stupid that our insurance doesn’t pay for this search, my transplant doc was livid when he heard this. It’s not like it’s optional for me, it’s either I get a transplant from an unrelated donor or I die. Heh, seems pretty cut and dry simple to me. I can’t think that insurance companies would intentionally be out to screw the blood cancer patients. Hell, since it’s a privately funded insurance policy, I might be their only blood cancer patient. Heh.
Tomorrow we are heading to Rochester, Minnesota for a blood test and visit with Dr. Shin on Friday. This is a truly unnecessary visit but he seemed pretty adamant that I come see him. So off we go. The good news is we will be back home Friday evening.
There isn’t supposed to be any snow for the next two days. So, that is a good thing too. I would hate to do the 3 1/2 drive (OK, Teresa drives) if there was snow falling. The 35 looks like a road that snow just blows across. You know the 35, it was on the national news a few weeks ago for 2 major accidents cuz a lot of people around here do not know how to drive on slick surfaces.
I feel like complete and absolute crap. Fatigue out the ying-yang and a massive headache for who knows how many days its been now. Put these two things together and you get a totally crappy feeling. Hoping that my platelets are 10 or below on Friday (gonna really suck and be 14, just watch) and I will get a platelet infusion. That should help with both of the issues. Definitely with the headache.
Teresa gave me a Maxalt in hopes of stopping my headache. She switched to caffeine pills for her migraines (which are working great according to her). Yeah, Maxalt is a migraine medicine, not sure if it works on lack of platelet headaches, but I was very willing to give it a try.
If Maxalt fails, I may bust out my last shot, I know from earlier use that the shots do lessen the headaches for a while. The one tonight is a doozy, so lessening it might make it bearable.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, my mother-in-law will be unable to take care of Pucky and Mojo while we are in Rochester. Thankfully, my mom and brother have agreed to take care of them for us. So instead of them having to travel all the way to New York they are only going to have to ride with us to the Region.
Speaking of the Region. Teresa and I will be in the Region, for a few days at least, when we drop off the dogs. We do not know when this will be for sure. But I will post here and directly on Facebook travel plans so any of my Region friends that want to see me before all this transplant business will have a chance to do so.
Also, any of my Des Moines area friends, if you want to see me before we leave for the transplant, let me know and if I am up to it, we will do lunch or something.
A friend of mine invited us down to Houston for a visit. Right now we might not be able to afford the medical treatment in order to save my life. How in the Hell would we be able to afford a trip to Houston? I know her heart was in the right place, but there is just no way we could do it. Plus I feel like crap.
Gonna cut this entry short, head not cooperating.
and Cori, I know you don’t like The Offspring.