Insurance Approved, Tentative Date Set

As I said on Facebook, it has been over 60 hours since I last slept.  Had a weird but not unheard of reaction to Centrum Men’s Multivitamin.  I slept like a baby for the first two nights taking it, since then I have been awake.  Insomnia is definitely not new to me, however insomnia with an actual verifiable cause is.  But seriously, if anyone was going to have such an extreme reaction to 3 Multivitamin over 3 days it would be me.  Dr. Alkhateeb is going to be upset, he is the one who told me to that the Multivitamin.  This was definitely a mistake to do.  I agree that I should be taking some vitamins, but obviously not a super Multivitamin.

Tomorrow I have a blood test/appointment with Dr. Wehbe, the oncologist who saved me life the first round of Leukemia.  I finally get to tell him about the pending transplant.  I mean he knows but doesn’t know the details of what all has and is going to happen before the transplant.  And I think he has the right to know.  I also have to make sure that he understands that no one did anything wrong when the chromosomal stuff was missed, I misunderstood Dr Alkhateeb when we spoke the first time.  Chromosomal stuff is not normally checked on a bone marrow biopsy unless the patient gives a clue that it should be.  I was so typical AML that there was no reason to check.  So, it’s all good.

I just got great news, insurance approved my transplant.  And they have a tentative date for day 0 (transplant day) of May 17th.  Yeah, buddy.  Color me happy.  It puts my 100 days ending on September 1st.   So maybe, just maybe, I won’t miss Fall.

Tomorrow also we head back to the Gift of Life Transplant House and then Mayo early in the morning on Friday.  Who schedules appointments at 6:10am?  UGH.  Anyway, it’s just a 1/2 day visit at Mayo and then we head home.  Just a blood test, the Renal Exam that I failed before, and a meeting with the cancer shrink.  No worries here, it’s all good.

The wind is howling, it’s been raining all day, supposed to turn into snow.  Today is just a yucky day outside.  Tomorrow is supposed to be much nicer.  And next week is finally supposed to look like SPRING 60+ degree days.  Woot.  I will get a week or two of Spring before I have to report to Mayo.

Pucky and Mojo will be heading to the Region on the 28th and 29th or the 5th and 6th.  Next weekend or the weekend after.  Probably the weekend after would be my guess.  I have to be taking meds at the hospital on the 8th (chemo starts on the 10th I believe).  So time is running out to get the dogs to my family in Portage.  Heh, no worries, we’ll get it taken care of.

My mom is making the trip up to Rochester sometime during the week after transplant, when I will be totally a lump.  But hey, she wants to check on her baby.  I would never tell her not to come.  I assume there are flights from O’Hare to Rochester.

So tired, and my thumb still hurts, so I am gonna cut this short.  Got great news today, so happy to share it here.

Author: Jeff Campbell

I am 50 year old guy, who beat blood cancer but is getting his butt kicked by bone marrow cancer. At this point it appears I am dying. Married and in love with the most wonderful woman in the world (27 years). She has stood by me thru a lot of crap and I love her so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s