Really Day +62

Yesterday I brain farted and posted day +61 (which it was) and day +62 (which it was not.).  This was purely a mistake on my part, I’d blame chemo brain but I don’t think it played a part in this matter.  Oops, I made a mistake that’s all, mistakes can happen to anyone.

Teresa made it to her pain doc appointment, she waited in the lobby longer than the appointment itself.  She said the appointment was 2 minutes 20 seconds long.  Doc came in, “I wanted to see you, now I see you, we’re all good” and he wrote the script.  So she drove 7 hours for an appointment that was less than 2 1/2 minutes long.  Oh well, now she doesn’t have to see the pain doc until end of September, so it is all good.

The good news is, I don’t feel worse.  The bad news is, I feel horrible still.  Doc seems to be  missing the point.  He is treating my anemia (Folic Acid arrives from Amazon tomorrow) but appears to be ignoring my evergoing cold, which certainly isn’t a normal cold now.  Hopefully tomorrow at our appointment he does something, at this point I wouldn’t even mind being hospitalized.  As long as this cold gets taken care of.

Teresa is sick today.  She says its food poisoning.  Highly doubt it was Famous Dave’s, which we had for dinner last night.   Probably something she ate on the road.  I forget where she said she stopped to eat.  I feel sorry for her.  She looks like she doesn’t feel well.

I am up early again :/  A side effect of getting a good nights sleep with my new CPAP programming.  I sleep 6 to 8 hours, then wake up wide awake and refreshed.  Yeah, I still get a nap in when I can, but I nap because I want to, not because I have to.

Mom should be at the airport now.  The bus from her hotel took her early this morning.  Her visit wasn’t long enough, I was too sick to get a good visit out of it.  I mean it was a good visit, but it could’ve been so much better if I had been healthier.  I miss my mom already and she hasn’t left Rochester yet.

Here I sit, waiting for 9am so I can take some more meds, so then I can take a nap. It’s 8:41 now, Teresa has the proverbial keys to the kingdom, so she has to wake up and dole out my meds at 9.  She doesn’t trust me to get my own meds together, and I am fine with that.  I take 47 pills a day, I think.  An awful lot if you ask me.  I doubt I would be able to keep as good of track of them as Teresa does.

I am 38 days from getting out of here, sorta.  Once I am sprung I have to come back like one a month for a checkup.  On top of the extra chemo that Dr Wehbe is going to get to give me (that as far as I know Dr Wehbe knows nothing about).  So a lot of time is going to be booked by medical crap STILL.  I know I will never be free of this, but it’d be nice to be sorta free.

The more I read about Vidaza, the more I can care less about getting it.  Just hoping it does the job, it really is a “bump” chemo when used like Dr Alkateeb wants to use it.  Oh, it’s gonna mess me up, make me have to get blood and platelets.  But overall it’s not that bad.  Most of the scary side effects are gone from the list and it leaves stuff like diarrhea and nausea.  I can deal with those.

Author: Jeff Campbell

I am 50 year old guy, who beat blood cancer but is getting his butt kicked by bone marrow cancer. At this point it appears I am dying. Married and in love with the most wonderful woman in the world (27 years). She has stood by me thru a lot of crap and I love her so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s