The day after another trip to Mayo

Yesterday, we went to Mayo, yes, I know, it was a Tuesday and not a Friday.  Well, I had to get an upper endoscopy before I saw Dr. Alkhateeb again.  So off we went in the serious rain.  Took us a bit longer to get there because of said rain.  Seeing Teresa drive 45 on a Freeway means that the rain was bad.

We made it there safely.  My blood draw was scheduled at 10, I got it done at 11:25.  Good thing the lab people aren’t sticklers to time.  My only other appointment was the upper endoscopy, which was scheduled for 12:30.  So had plenty of time to get from the lab to the endoscopy place.

The endoscopy itself wasn’t much.  Had a long wait in the prep room cuz they were still at lunch.  But once it got moving, it got moving.  I was rolled into the prep room where I met the doctor (name irrelevant), the 2 nurses, 1 who was to monitor all the monitors and 1 to give me a nice buzz.  They told me I wouldn’t remember anything, but I remember it all.  Anyhow, the doctor summoned his boss to come sit and watch.  The meds to make me not feel it went in, and shortly after doc started the trail down my esophagus, into my stomach, and down by the ruen-y.   The whole thing once he got started took a half hour.  Waiting to get things going too 45, and they made me hang in recovery for about 45 minutes.  So, yeah, that was 2 long hours.

We forgot to stop by the CPAP store yesterday.  They have new pads for my CPAP so it won’t hurt anymore.  Doh, silly us, so excited to get out of there we just blew stopping by off.

OK, so if the upper endoscopy news is bad.   We should know it tomorrow.  I don’t think it is bad at all, so I am expecting to not hear results until next Thursday (THURSDAY?).  Yeah, they have really screwed around with the days we go, but they do have it where we can get up in the am and drive back in the evening.  That saves us from staying the night.

All that cuz I ain’t hungry.  I don’t know why I am not hungry.  But there isn’t anything wrong with my stomach.

D&D starts in 13 days.  About damn time.  I do this to myself every time I start a new game.  Pick a date way far away and then go crazy waiting for that date.   I actually didn’t do as bad as normal this time.   This time I think I only went 30 days, 1 month, and part of that was I was waiting for one of our players to return from Ireland.  I have done 60 day waits before, and talk about driving me nuts.  This 30 days has been quite enough.

The game itself is gonna be good.  A Dwarven Fighter,  A Dwarven Barbarian, A Half-Elf Bard, as Assimar Warlock, and a Tortuan Cleric.   Should be an interesting mix.  Will be good once we get everything going.

I’m not gonna complain about not getting snail mail addresses to send invites to for my AINT DEAD YET Party.  I got til January to collect addresses.  So, maybe people are slow.  Priorities are a little whacked.   It’s all good, I will get my snai mails eventually and all will be well.

Author: Jeff Campbell

I am 50 year old guy, who beat blood cancer but is getting his butt kicked by bone marrow cancer. At this point it appears I am dying. Married and in love with the most wonderful woman in the world (27 years). She has stood by me thru a lot of crap and I love her so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s