Lunch with a good friend

I just got home from having lunch with Jon Liebl of the Liebl Marketing Group.  He bought me lunch at HuHot, which I have mentioned before is one of my favorite restaurants.  He asked a bunch of questions about my health as we haven’t spoken to each other in quite a while.  He asked about Teresa and her job, was impressed that she has been with Mediacom so long (17 years).  Conversation went on for a while and then went to my needs for my business.  I need a logo, a business card design, and a pointer, as far as art goes.  He laughed at my dragon idea, but then saw the cute, funniness of it, and said his graphics people should be able to do something with it.    He said he will have something for me as soon as tomorrow.  Dang, tomorrow I will be out of town.  Won’t be home till Monday maybe, or Tuesday or Wednesday.  All depends on the weather here, I don’t want to drive into a snowstorm.  But anyhow, it was nice seeing Jon again, he is a good friend and I am sure that Liebl Marketing Group will take good care of my needs.

The weather is supposed to be nice as long as I leave early enough.  I plan to leave tomorrow before 10am.  It’s a good 6 hour drive if I don’t stop a lot.  So I am figuring I will be there between 4pm and 5pm.  I only plan to stop in Coralville for lunch at Steak n Shake.  And then if I have to use the restroom of course.   The drive should be no problem, I don’t speed much and Waze will be pointing out known cops, so I should be good.  The only problem I foresee is my back and there is nothing that can be done about that as of now.  I will just suck up the pain and take a pain pill when I get to my family’s house.  It’s all good.

27 days till Spring.

ArctiCon is the day after tomorrow.  My first convention in almost 30 years.  I am gonna run on the assumption that things haven’t changed much for conventions and it’s gonna be pretty much the same as what I remember.  No matter what I choose to play, I will have a break at 4pm for food.  They have an on-site food vendor, so that’s cool.  Still don’t know if the church’s reception hall has wi-fi.  I hope they do.

The only event that I am planning on ahead of time is at 5pm, and that is Shannon’s Call of Cthulhu game.  Really am looking forward to that one.  The Star Trek board game from noon to 4pm sounds interesting but only if I get to play the Romulans.  Beyond those too, nothing has stood out to me ahead of time.  So, I got early morning open.  Maybe some early morning D&D if someone is running something, which I am sure they will be.

It’s going to be fun.  I’m sure of that.  A whole day of gaming for $10, sounds like a bargain to me.  I will go to bed early tomorrow night and get up early (7amish) to grab a shower and get on the road to the convention.  Should take about 20 minutes to get there.  Doors open at 8am.

I slept funny again.  Woke up at 5:20am and had a real hard time falling back asleep.  I eventually managed to fall back asleep and slept on and off till 10am. I hope I sleep well tonight.

When I get back from ArctiCon, I will begin on programming the website.  I can start and finish the class at the same time.   When I cut out all the MongoDB and Mongoose stuff, all that was left was one section of Account Authentication which I want to know for my site.  So I am gonna pay very close attention to that section and then I am done with the class.

I bought a book titled “Beginning PHP and MySQL: From Novice to Professional”.  Three of the addons to my site are PHP based and use MySQL specifically.  So I figured it would be a good reference for me.  The book is coming with me on my trip, I will skim it during down time.  I was surprised when the web development class didn’t even mention PHP.  Oh well, I will learn it on my own.  Harrumph.

Everything is set to make my announcement about my business on Saturday.  It might be really late Saturday night though.  I wrote the announcement out already, just have to cut and paste.  Just can’t believe that my inkling has grown into a business.  And that my business is going to have a visible form in about a month or so.  It feels so good to be able to say I am a businessman again.  And this time it’s not a mania driven spendfest for a doomed company before it ever opened it’s doors.  I have been toying with the inkling since before my transplant and here we are a year later and things are happening.  I have planned and plotted and planned some more.  I have literally a few hundred hours invested into this already, and will have a lot more time invested when I start the programming.  It’s all good, my friends.

Got a lot of work to do still.  But the shell is in place.  I just have to fill the shell now.  And I fill that shell by using my knowledge to make a viable website that can do all I want it to do, all I need it to do.  I can and will do this.  I may need to call on an associate of mine (who will charge me money), for assistance.  But the brunt of it will be mine: my work, my heart, my soul.  At this point, I need to do this, to prove to myself and to Teresa, my biggest supporter and biggest doubter, that I can do something businessy right.

PEACE OUT listen to the music

Author: Jeff Campbell

I am 50 year old guy, who beat blood cancer but is getting his butt kicked by bone marrow cancer. At this point it appears I am dying. Married and in love with the most wonderful woman in the world (27 years). She has stood by me thru a lot of crap and I love her so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s