the trip so far

Yesterday was a LONG day.  Went to bed at 8 the night before, woke up at midnight, finally crawled out of bed at 3am.  Got a shower, lotioned, got dressed, bummed around the house a little.  Then drove the 45 minutes to the airport.  Got the tram bus to the actual airport from the econo lot.  Had my standard problems with the TSA, they always have to pat me down and check my hands.  I’m always clean, so it is just a hassle.  Got thru security with a little over an hour wait for my plane.

The plan ride was uneventful.   However, I forgot how to find the bus that was to take me back to the airport.  So, I asked a guy, turned out he didn’t speak good English and sent me a confusing way.  So I walked for almost a half hour, outside, then I ran into a dead end for walkers, so I turned around and went back into the terminals.  Then I got out my phone and looked up where the bus was to be picked up.  I got to thru the airport with time to make it to the 8am bus, but with the guys bad directions and my extra walk, I ended up having to wait an hour an 20 minutes to catch the 10 o’clock bus.  We made good time cuz the bus driver skipped all the stops that did not have people to drop off.  So we were in Portage by noon.

Mom picked me up at the bus stop.  We went to Walmart to get my some things.  The came and got my brother and went to Applebee’s for a late lunch.  About 2:45pm I finally got to lay down for a nap till 4:30.   I was in a lot of pain from all the sitting I did, but sleep helps relax the back and by the time I got up from my nap it was as mild pain, but I still took a pain pill and a Flexeril.

I thought Jim and mom had left for Sam’s Club so I didn’t go upstairs until 5pm.  There they were mom was doing something and Jim was asleep on the couch.  Then mom decided she was gonna clean Jim’s bathroom.  I wouldn’t have done it, but she did a phenomenal job, it looks 1000% better.  Yup, it was a total gross disaster area, and she made it shine.  Took her an hour and a half though.  I spent most of that time chatting with her.

We then went to Sam’s Club for pop and buns and Sterno.  And then went to Old Chicago for dinner.  I got a deep dish pizza with Italian sausage and pepperoni.  It was good, but Lou Malnati’s is better.  Juts how it is.  But I got a lot of leftovers to eat this week.    Good people, good conversation, good food.  Yup, I love my family.

Got home, Facetimed Teresa.  Took all my night meds, said good night to everyone and went to bed.  This was approximately 10:30pm.

I woke up at 5:30 again 😦   I am getting very tired of this.  I wanted to sleep in today.  But NOOOOOOOO, I wake up way early.  Oh well, maybe I can take a nap between my 7 and 9 pill taking.  I’m yawning and tired.  I am sure gonna try.  But the wake up at 5:30 let me catch up on Facebook and gave me time to write tis blog.

This morning is going to be a busy morning once people get up.  Jim has a big list of things he has to do and mom has a bunch to do too.  I am bowing out of going with either of them on their runs today.  I think I am just going to stay here, be mellow, maybe pay some Skyrim but definitely contemplate my navel.

Then come 4 o’clock, guests are starting to arrive.  5 o’clock is when the party is supposed to start. 5pm to 1am is the officially scheduled time.  I hope all 5 of my friends who said they would come show up.  I will be in the living room for most of the party.  Those friends can come inside with their plates of food and sit and see me.  Air conditioning and no babies to give me weird diseases as my immune system is still compromised.

The weather prediction is for 70 something degrees and clouds but no rain.  NICE.

The plan is to never fly here again, always drive.  Time wise it’s about the same and pain wise it is the same.  I am coming back here the end of July/beginning of August.  Yeah, next month.

I have decided I am NOT going to Gen Con.  I can not afford it in all seriousness.  And I didn’t sign up for anything.  So, I am not going.  Maybe next year when I have some money saved up for it and pay attention to when sign ups are.

I’m going to spend that time with my mom and brother again.  Much less expensive.  And I don’t have to stay as long.  I can be home for my birthday.  Yeah, its much better this way.

I already miss Teresa and Pucky and Mojo.  Facetime is not a good substitute.  I wish could come with me, but she doesnt have the time off available.  So, I come alone.  I wouldn’t give this time up.  Teresa understands my need to see my family.   And everyone enjoys alone time from time to time.  So, it’s all good.

Author: Jeff Campbell

I am 50 year old guy, who beat blood cancer but is getting his butt kicked by bone marrow cancer. At this point it appears I am dying. Married and in love with the most wonderful woman in the world (27 years). She has stood by me thru a lot of crap and I love her so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s