I went and saw my shrink today. Dr. Eastin is a really nice guy. He really seemed to care about what is going on with me. Anyhow, I told him I have been depressed and was worried about any anti-depressant he put me on causing mania. Cuz mania is way worse than depression. We talked for a while about the types of anti-depressants and how they reacted with the body. He agreed that Wellbutrin would be a really bad choice for a bipolar. We talked for quite a while, coming to the conclusion that we would try a really low dose of Lexapro, the lowest dose they make actually. So right now my mental meds consist of Nimodipine 150mg, Abilify 30mg, Clonazepam 2mg, and Lexapro 5m, and I have .25mg Xanax if I need it. I will be sure to let you all know how the Lexapro goes.
After the shrink visit I went and had my weekly CBC. Platelets up to 73. Which seems to be a miracle. Hemoglobin is at the point where I get blood either Friday of this week or Tuesday of next week depending on how fast it drops before my Thursday blood appointment.
In between those visits we got Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Teresa is a very happy person right now. I had my one and I should be good. I might sneak another, but don’t tell Teresa.
There is a slim outside (and I mean very slim, very outside) chance that I might just make it to Thanksgivingfest this year. But the host hasn’t posted their Facebook invite page yet. And we are looking at less than 8 weeks away (would figure it out more, but feeling tired. I will have to get on someone to post the invite page. I know when it is, I even know where it is, I Just like the invite page to make it official.
The current plan is to make it to Thanksgiving at my mom’s new pad in Chesterton. We have a higher chance of making it there than Thanksgivingfest, but dammit, I want to do both this year.
Have to get Dr. Alkhateeb’s blessing for the trip. As long as I get blood if I need it, there shouldn’t be an issue. Just need to get orders from Mayo saying check my CBC and give me blood if I need it and then there is a number of hospitals in the area who can take care of such a simple thing.
Part of me wants to wait till Nov 6th when I see Dr. Alkhateeb again. But part of me feels I need to message him and get his response before that. I have a few days to think about it. I’ll make a decision later.