Potentially the worst possible news

Whew, it was a Hot day today, August 13th, 2020. Well, actually it was only 87-88 degrees but feels like was 95 or so. Yes, I had no plans to go out, but plans change sometimes and out I went. At probably the hottest point of the day.


The reason I went out was because I haven’t felt good for like a month and my blood stat numbers have been dropping consistently so Teresa went ahead and wrote Dr. Wehbe about it. He asked me to come in and get my CBC checked. Well my numbers went down more. 9.3 Hemoglobin 70 Platelets for those who understand these numbers. For you who don’t Hemoglobin is supposed to be around 13 and Platelets are supposed to be from 150-400. So, in other words my numbers suck.


This spawned the idea in Dr. Wehbe’s head of me getting a emergency bone marrow biopsy sometime next early next week. Best case scenario is it shows nothing and my numbers start improving on their own. Mid case scenario my chemo stopped working and I need a different chemo and my numbers will start improving. Worst case scenario, I have Blasts, which are immature blood cells, which indicate AML has returned. That would be the literal beginning of the end. Unfortunately, it is looking like the worst case scenario is what it is. But we will see.


Dr. Alkhateeb has naturally disagreed with this course of action. He wanted me to wait for 3 or 4 weeks from my last chemo run. But left the option up to me and Dr. Wehbe. I figure if its bad news, I want it asap. Either the Mid case or the Worst cases put me up at Mayo in a week or so, in order for Dr. Alkhateeb to make adjustments to my treatment accordingly.


I have put my 2 Dungeons and Dragons game on hold. I can’t think of D&D at this time. At least not in the sense of running the game. It sucks. These players have waited and waited and I am going to make them hang on longer.


I still hope to feel up to playing in Jason’s Eberron game this Sunday. I don’t want to bail on them with it being the last game of the campaign. Yeah, that would suck.


One way or the other, next week we will all know. I am going to have to wait till like Thursday for the results of the bone marrow biopsy test. As soon as I have the results, you all will have the results good bad or in the middle.


So, I don’t have anything else on my mind right now, so I am going to end this blog here. Let me go find a video.

Author: Jeff Campbell

I am 50 year old guy, who beat blood cancer but is getting his butt kicked by bone marrow cancer. At this point it appears I am dying. Married and in love with the most wonderful woman in the world (27 years). She has stood by me thru a lot of crap and I love her so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s