I mentioned this before here several times… my insurance will not pay for the bone marrow donor search and we will pay for it ourselves. I verified this with the insurance company. Teresa verified this with the insurance company. I informed Mayo on 3 separate occasions, twice verbally, once in writing yet still Mayo is confused about why our insurance denied the donor search and is insisting that all it’s going to take is a letter from the doctor to get it approved. Good thing I sent them a message asking what was going on last night or this would/could have gone on for another week. So, I informed Mayo again that my insurance does not cover/will not pay for the Donor Search and we will pay it… I wonder if they will grasp this concept this time, I sure hope so.
Again though, it was me asking them what was going on that got a response. Again Mayo was just leaving me out of it all. Frustrating. As a patient, I am pretty patient, let things go as they will as long as thing run smooth. But I don’t like weeks of not knowing what is going on. And if there is a problem with my insurance, I think that is something I should know about. And if there is some other hold up, I think I should know that too. I do not think that is asking too much. Oh yeah, and if we are just waiting a week doing nothing, let me know that too so I don’t worry that something is wrong.
Frustrated with the whole situation is what I am in case you couldn’t tell. I have started taking 2 clonazepam at night so I can sleep. I hate taking more meds, but I would close my eyes to go to sleep and all I would do is think about this and be up for hours. The other benefit from taking the 2 clonazepam at night is it has fixed my sleep schedule pretty much. I still have some fatigue, but not nearly as bad. I am sleeping 8-10 hours at night, and maybe a nap in the afternoon or maybe not. I physically feel better getting a good night’s sleep.
It’s another Publisher’s Clearing House award day where they aren’t coming to my house. Started entering daily in 2014. Did the mail entries every so often before that. Yeah, I would love to win, but I know the odds are 1 in 3.6million or something like that. I enter cuz it gives me something to do. It was only 5 (or 6) thousand a week this time, not a huge prize, but it sure would have been nice considering my circumstances right now. Oh well, there is always next time. For the first time in a long time I do not know what the next prize is or the next prize date. Heh. It’ll be 3 months, it’s always 3 months, I wonder what the big prize is? Oh well, if I win next time they can come visit me in the transplant house. I won’t hold my breath.
I haven’t played Skyrim all week. Just haven’t been in the right mindset to play. My mind has really been on other things (understandably, I would think). So now that I have a sort of answer to what is going on, maybe a little Skyrim tonight. Dunno right now, I am too frustrated to play, that frustration might last a while.
Well, the goodish news is, with the delay at Mayo, Teresa has a chance to get over her flu before we have to go up there. I was only sorta sick for 2 days, she got a full on flu and refuses to see a doctor for it. She’s got a sinus infection and a bronchial infection and lord knows what else. She is really sick. She needs anti-biotics. But will she see a doctor, nope. And if we get called up to Mayo next week and she is still hacking and all sickly, we won’t be able to stay at the transplant house cuz if you are sickly, they ship you out so you can’t get any of the other guests sick. Makes sense, but sucks for the sick one and their partner.—–I just reminded Teresa if she video calls a doc right now, she can get anti-biotics today and not have to wait til Monday. Maybe she’ll do it.
Hmmm, lunch time. I guess I will cut this off now with a video.